Board-Certified Gynecologist Coral Springs, FL
Unique Wellness Center offers an array of gynecological services to meet the needs of women of all ages. Throughout your health care journey into womanhood and beyond, our dedicated board-certified gynecologist and nurse practitioner will be there to diagnose and treat any health condition that may arise, including:
- Irregular periods
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Yeast infections
- STDs, such as HPV or genital herpes
- And more
Our personalized care and comprehensive services enable us to achieve optimum patient outcomes. In-office services we offer include:
- Ultrasound technology
- Annual pelvic exams
- Cancer testing
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Endometrial biopsy
- Colposcopy (to examine cervix, vagina, and vulva)
- Gardasil® vaccine for HPV and cervical cancer prevention
- Fertility counseling, genetic testing, and infertility treatment
- And much more
Learn more about our gynecology services below.
At Unique Wellness Center, we offer the most effective birth control options available today that don’t require daily use, from IUDs such as Mirena® and Paragard®, to vaginal ring NuvaRing®, and Nexplanon®, an upper-arm implant that provides contraception for nearly three years. We also perform Essure® right in our office – the only nonsurgical method of permanent birth control.
Other than birth control pills, which you must take every day, there are numerous other effective forms of contraception:
- Mirena an IUD that releases small amounts of the hormone levonorgestrel into your uterus to provide continuous birth control for up to five years.
- Paragard is a hormone-free IUD that prevents pregnancy for up to 10 years. It works by releasing copper into your uterus, which interferes with sperm movement, egg fertilization and implantation.
- NuvaRing is a small, flexible piece of plastic that’s inserted into the vagina once a month. It releases a continuous low dose of the hormones estrogen and progestin (the same hormones in birth control pills), which work together to prevent pregnancy.
- Nexplanon is an upper-arm implant that provides contraception for nearly three years. It releases a low steady dose of a synthetic form of progesterone to prevent pregnancy. Nexplanon does not contain estrogen.
- Essure is a nonsurgical tubal occlusion procedure we perform in our office. Tiny coils are gently placed in the fallopian tubes. The micro-inserts and your body then form a tissue barrier that prevents sperm from reaching an egg.
If you’re looking for birth control options in Coral Springs, Florida, schedule an appointment at Unique Wellness Center. Call (954) 368-9656 or request an appointment online today.
As a woman, your lifetime risk for all cancers combined is one in three. In the U.S., cancer ranks as the second most frequent cause of death for women, after heart disease. At Unique Wellness Center, we are vigilant about screening for cancer before you ever have any signs or symptoms. Regularly scheduled screenings like Pap smears and HPV tests, along with advanced diagnostics, can have a significant impact on detecting diseases such as cervical cancer that would otherwise go unnoticed.
The cancers we normally screen for include:
- Breast cancer (breast exam and mammogram; BRCA gene mutation test only if you are at high risk for breast cancer)
- Cervical cancer (Pap smear and HPV testing)
- Uterine/endometrial cancer (pelvic exam; ultrasound and/or biopsy if you have symptoms)
- Ovarian cancer (ultrasound, blood test, or BRCA, gene mutation test only if you are at high risk for ovarian cancer)
The earlier cancer is detected, the greater your chance for successfully treating it. Our cancer detection and prevention services include:
- Complete gynecological exams
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- LEEP, colposcopy, and biopsies to follow up on abnormal Pap smears or problems detected during a pelvic exam.
Routine gynecology appointments are critical to maintaining your health and avoiding life-threatening diseases such as cervical, breast, uterine, or ovarian cancer. For a gynecologist in Coral Springs, Florida, that you can trust and develop a long-term relationship with, request an appointment online or call Unique Wellness Center at (954) 368-9656.
Excessive menstrual bleeding is known as menorrhagia. It can be a distressing problem and is one of the most common reasons women visit their gynecologist. While most females will experience a heavy period at one time or another, only a small number of women experience bleeding that is heavy enough to be diagnosed as menorrhagia.
Symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Regular cycles but with bleeding that is heavy enough to soak through one or more sanitary pad or tampon every half-hour for several hours
- The need to change your pad during the night
- Menstrual flow that contains large blood clots
- Periods that last longer than seven days, or irregular periods
- Constant pain in your lower abdomen during your periods
- Anemia, due to substantial blood loss
Possible causes of abnormal or heavy menstrual bleeding include:
- Hormone imbalance
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Ovary dysfunction
- IUD use
- Bleeding disorders (such as von Willebrand disease)
- Conditions related to pregnancy
- Certain medications
- Other medical conditions
Your doctor can usually determine the cause of heavy menstrual bleeding or excessive blood clotting by running a few tests. She may draw blood to look for any blood or clotting disorders. She may also take a sample of tissue from the uterine lining, known as an endometrial biopsy, to check for abnormal cells, a potential indicator of cancer.
Treatment for heavy periods may include medication or surgery. Common surgical or minimally invasive procedures for menorrhagia include:
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
If you experience heavy menstrual bleeding and are looking for a solution, visit the health care professionals at Unique Wellness Center in Coral Springs, Florida. Request an appointment online or call us today at (954) 368-9656.
To learn more about any of these services, call Unique Wellness Center today at (954) 368-9656, or request an appointment online. Board-certified gynecologist Dr. Nisseth Urribarri provides comforting, comprehensive care for women of all ages.
5D High-Def Ultrasound
Unique Wellness Center uses state-of-the-art, high-frequency technology to create the clearest videos and images of your growing fetus. With our sophisticated equipment and experienced staff, we offer high-quality ultrasounds to help ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery.LEARN MORE